Saturday, April 7, 2012

Old Town Vapor 10 Kayak Review

It was weird getting a call from my cousin asking me to go kayaking. I always thought that kayaks were these super small boats with really small holes in the top. That skinny people went out on the ocean, and down rapids with. Even with those images still in my head. I agreed to go kayaking. One leisurely trip down the St. Joseph River, and I was hooked. Now I had the dilemma of researching which kayak would be good for me. Upon further research I found the Old Town Vapor 10. It was an affordable kayak, and could hold me. I'm a big guy at 285#. So I needed a larger open cockpit to get in, and out of. The Vapor had other desirable features like : *comfort flex seat *adjustable foot braces *thigh pads *molded in cockpit tray and cup *stern day well. Old Town Vapor All of these features make for a very comfortable ride. I've been on rivers, Lake Michigan and the Vapor has dealt with all. Taking trips up to 5 hours with only stops for lunch. My only complaint is that the Vapor requires more paddling to track straight compared to larger kayaks. But the affordability, and value of the Vapor makes it an excellent choice for the beginner kayaker on a budget.Please leave any questions in the comment section.Or you can email me directly.Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I love our Vapor 10. Bought one almost 3 years ago. I use it on the pond and creeks in my area. I bought it for the room in the cockpit. It allows me to take my kids or dog on a joy ride!

    ReplyDelete